Mix three nutritious all-natural substances with a easy cooking technique for refined-sugar free Blueberry Chia Seed Jam that the children (and fogeys) will love!
Blueberry Chia Seed Jam
Discovering low sugar choices to unfold on our children toast, sandwiches, and pancakes generally is a problem. And making conventional jam is commonly too time consuming for these of us with little children. Which is why chia seed jam is so superior! It’s able to eat in about 20 minutes and has solely three easy substances.
Substances in Chia Seed Jam
To make this wholesome blueberry jam, you’ll want blueberries, orange juice, and chia seeds. That’s it!
TIP: You need to use recent or frozen berries on this recipe.
Are chia seeds secure for infants and children?
Chia seeds are a very good supply of wholesome fat and fiber and are a very good meals to serve to children moderately. Begin slowly with the portion measurement if it’s the primary time you’re serving it.
Methods to Make Blueberry Chia Seed Jam Step-by-Step
Right here’s a have a look at the straightforward course of concerned in making this recipe.
- Collect your substances.
- Add the berries and juice to a saucepan.
- Prepare dinner.
- Take away from warmth, stir within the chia seeds and let sit.
TIP: You’ll wish to mash the berries with the again of the spoon to launch all of the juices as you stir the seeds in.
How does chia seed thicken jam?
The seeds soak up a few of the liquid from the berries and plump up as they flip right into a form of gel. So once you allow them to sit within the heat berries, they magically create a jam-like texture!
What different fruit can I take advantage of on this recipe?
You’ll be able to do that chia seed jam recipe with raspberries, strawberries, blackberries or a combination. I’ve even made it with huckleberries after we have been fortunate sufficient to have some from Montana!
How lengthy does this final within the fridge?
You’ll be able to retailer this jam in an hermetic container for 5-7 days within the fridge. Or within the freezer for about three months.
Is it secure to can chia seed jam?
Since this jam has low sugar content material and isn’t excessive in acid, it’s not suggested that you would be able to it in both a water tub or a stress canner.
Chia Pudding with Yogurt
One in every of my favourite issues about this straightforward jam is that it’s really easy to show it into prompt chia pudding with yogurt! Merely stir a few of the completed and cooled jam along with complete milk plain yogurt for a nutritious breakfast or snack.
TIP: The pudding has fiber, protein, wholesome fat, Vitamin C, and antioxidants, making it a nutrient-dense toddler or child meals.
How can I take advantage of this chia seed jam?
We like to make use of this jam on toast and sandwiches, over pancakes and waffles, stirred into yogurt and oatmeal, and because the “fruit” in DIY fruit on the underside yogurts.
Ideas for Making the Greatest Chia Seed Jam
- Retailer in hermetic containers within the fridge for about 5-7 days or within the freezer for as much as three months.
- Sweeten to style with maple syrup or honey.
- Use jam on toast, pancakes, or waffles.
- Stir into oatmeal or yogurt.
- Use equal elements jam and yogurt to stir collectively a fast and wholesome chia seed pudding.
- Strive a unique fruit like raspberries, strawberries or blackberries.
I’d love to listen to your suggestions in case you do that recipe, so please remark under to share.
You may make this with recent or frozen blueberries. Use the yogurt choice to show it into a fast and simple chia seed pudding.
- 2 cups recent or frozen blueberries
- 1/four cup oranje juice
- 1/three cup chia seeds
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup, non-compulsory
- plain whole-milk yogurt, non-compulsory
- Place the blueberries and juice right into a saucepan.
- Heat over medium and prepare dinner for about 10 minutes, or till the berries begin to launch their juices. Take away from warmth and stir within the chia seeds. Cowl and let cool.
- Stir and mash the berries with the again of a spoon. The chia seeds can have plumped as much as thicken the jam.
- Retailer in hermetic containers.
- Or, let cool and mix an equal quantities of the jam with complete milk plain yogurt for a fast chia pudding.
Retailer in hermetic containers within the fridge for about 5-7 days or within the freezer for as much as three months.
Sweeten to style with maple syrup or honey.
Use jam on toast, pancakes, or waffles.
Stir into oatmeal or yogurt.
Use equal elements jam and yogurt to stir collectively a fast and wholesome chia seed pudding.
Strive a unique fruit like raspberries, strawberries or blackberries.