The weekend FLEW by. I hate that!
We took Friday afternoon off to take the ladies to the county truthful and we had a good time! I believed we’d survive a minimum of yet one more yr with out having to trip the rides, however no such luck. We did, nevertheless, escape with out face portray. Small victories. The rides, although – they’re both completely boring OR completely scary…and all are WAY too costly.
As we had been letting the ladies trip on their second and ultimate trip, a younger household approached us and supplied us a TON of tickets for rides that they weren’t going to make use of. Evidently, the ladies had been THRILLED. Shea then went on a “huge child” trip with Mark (suppose: loud, quick, and dizzy). Her face – OMG. I felt horrible. She acquired off and after being requested if she would need to go on that trip once more she mentioned, “No, possibly once I’m 7!” 🙂
Saturday was spent in Chicago throwing my bestie’s child bathe. It was perfection and he or she appeared unimaginable! She had all her nearest and dearest in attendance. Afterwards, I acquired to see my brother and pa so we visited with them earlier than I took off for residence.
Whereas Mark was residence with the ladies, I used to be informed that they grocery shopped and did paintings “all day”. That was confirmed after our canine helped herself to sleeping on our out of doors desk and ended up with glue glitter throughout her butt. Ridiculous. They grocery shopped for the staples whereas as we speak (Sunday) was our typical grocery checklist day. Mark went to the shop whereas I baked away with the ladies.
Mark was capable of full the grocery procuring as a result of it didn’t embody something on this recipe: curry powder, crimson curry paste, ginger, coconut milk, fish sauce, and so forth. However MAN, should you can spherical up these components, you’ll NOT be upset. Massive on taste, this Coconut Hen Curry will shortly grow to be a favourite!
Coconut Curry Hen
Creator: Nicole Morrissey
Cook dinner time:
Serves: 5 servings
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp finely minced ginger
- 2 tsp yellow curry powder
- Three Tbsp crimson curry paste
- 2 tsp floor coriander
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless rooster breasts, lower into 1-inch items
- ½ tsp salt and black pepper, to style
- 1 (15 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- Prep greens earlier than beginning.
- Warmth coconut oil in a big, deep skillet over medium-high warmth. As soon as melted scorching, add the onion and saute for 3-5 minutes or till softened. Add the garlic and ginger; stir. Scale back warmth to low and add within the curry powder, crimson curry paste, and coriander. Stir usually for 2-Three minutes or till evenly toasted and aromatic.
- Return the warmth to medium-high. Add the crimson pepper; stir for 1-2 minutes. Add the rooster and season with the salt and pepper. Cook dinner, stirring usually for about 4-5 minutes or till the rooster is browned on either side, however not cooked via.
- Pour within the coconut milk, lime juice, brown sugar, and fish sauce. Stir; prepare dinner for 5-6 minutes or till rooster is cooked via and pepper is tender. Garnish with mined cilantro and serve over rice and/or with naan, if desired.
Serving measurement: ⅕ recipe (about 1½ cups) Energy: 351 Fats: 20.2 Carbohydrates: 13.0 Sugar: 7.8 Sodium: 889 Fiber: 2.2 Protein: 29.4 Ldl cholesterol: 66
Weekly Menu: August 18th – 22nd