Turning winter squash right into a enjoyable and scrumptious facet dish is very easy! Plus, studying how you can roast butternut squash means which you can flip it into enjoyable shapes, serve them as “fries”, and even add further flavors like brown sugar or rosemary. All in lower than 20 minutes!
Learn how to Roast Butternut Squash
I do know that winter squash could be a little intimidating to prepare dinner and so they can appear labor intensive, however I’m right here to inform you that it’s seemingly a lot simpler than you notice! With a couple of minutes of prep work, you will get this easy facet dish into the oven and serve up a enjoyable veggie to please the children.
TIP: Utilizing cookie cutters to chop out shapes takes no additional time than simply reducing into cubes and it’s a enjoyable strategy to shock the children after they come to the desk!
Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
This winter squash recipe is very easy since all it’s good to do is to toss the reduce squash with olive oil and bake it on a sheet pan. You actually don’t want any particular tools or abilities to make it occur!
Elements in Oven-Roasted Butternut Squash
To make this easy butternut squash recipe, you simply want the squash and olive oil. You may add further flavorings in case you’d like, however the fundamental recipe is so good and really easy.
TIP: You need to use an entire butternut squash or begin with a bag of precut bought squash from the produce part of your retailer.
Learn how to Roast Butternut Squash Step by Step
To make this straightforward children recipe, right here’s what you’ll have to do.
- Peel the squash to take away the outer layer. You simply need the intense orange flesh to work with.
- Reduce off the thinner a part of the squash and reduce into 1/2-inch rounds. Take away the seeds from the center of the thicker half, discard, and slice into rounds.
- Reduce into cubes, use a zig zag slicer to chop into “fries” or use cookie cutters to chop into shapes.
- Add to a bowl and toss with olive oil.
- Prepare on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake, including elective spices as desired.
- Take away from the oven when simply smooth to the contact.
TIP: It’s best to chop shapes out with a cookie cutter in case your squash slices are about 1/2-inch thick. Chances are you’ll need to put a towel over the cookie cutter earlier than urgent all the way down to make it just a little extra snug on your hand.
Can I make this butternut squash recipe forward of time?
Completely! I usually make a batch to drag out for a straightforward lunch or dinner facet all through the week. Simply let the sheet pan of cooked squash cool absolutely, then retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days within the fridge.
Greatest Means To Make Roasted Butternut Squash Cubes
You may after all reduce an entire butternut squash into cubes as described above, however you can even begin with a bag of precut butternut squash from the grocery retailer to shave lots of time without work of the preparation on this recipe. Search for the squash within the produce part of your retailer.
Brown Sugar Butternut Squash
So as to add just a little additional sweetness to this recipe, you possibly can sprinkle the shapes or cubes with a tiny little bit of brown sugar. It would caramelize just a little and lend a yummy taste the children will seemingly love!
What ought to I serve this roasted butternut squash with?
We like this roasted squash as a easy facet dish with scrambled eggs, sandwiches, hen tenders, or tofu nuggets. Or we prefer to make butternut squash pasta by including among the roasted cubes to a dish of spaghetti with Additional Veggie Marinara Sauce. It will also be added to a packed lunch or be a stand alone snack or snack part—with or and not using a dip like Ketchup. It’s very versatile!
Ideas for Making the Greatest Roasted Butternut Squash
- If serving to a baby underneath 1, don’t add salt.
- Select one spice combo—salt; cinnamon and brown sugar; cumin and salt; OR crushed rosemary and salt—if desired.
- Purpose to chop the squash to an excellent thickness so the items bake on the similar time.
- Unfold the squash in an excellent layer on the pan in order that they prepare dinner evenly.
- Grease the foil to make sure that the squash doesn’t follow the pan.
- Use precut retailer purchased butternut squash if desired.
I’d love to listen to what your loved ones thinks of this recipe, so please remark under to share!
Reduce the squash into cubes, shapes, or “fries” primarily based on what your children might like.
- 1 medium butternut squash (or four cups precut cubes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt; cinnamon and brown sugar; cumin and salt; OR crushed rosemary and salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 levels F and line a baking sheet with foil. Coat with nonstick spray.
- Take away the peel from the squash with a vegetable peeler or with a knife.
- Reduce the “neck”, or the skinnier a part of the squash into 1/2-inch rounds.
- Reduce into cubes, “fries” utilizing a zig zag slicer, or into shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place on a greased foil-lined baking sheet in a single even layer. Sprinkle with elective spices.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or till smooth when poked a fork.
If serving to a baby underneath 1, don’t add salt.
Select one spice combo—salt; cinnamon and brown sugar; cumin and salt; OR crushed rosemary and salt—if desired.
Purpose to chop the squash to an excellent thickness so the items bake on the similar time.
Unfold the squash in an excellent layer on the pan in order that they prepare dinner evenly.
Grease the foil to make sure that the squash doesn’t follow the pan.
Use precut retailer purchased butternut squash if desired and easily roast the cubes.