This Okra & Tomatoes recipe is really easy and so scrumptious! We dwell within the South and most of the people right here choose to have their okra fried and have normally not eaten it cooked another method. Here’s a wholesome, scrumptious various that we frequently share with our shoppers. Okra is a low calorie vegetable excessive in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, B-Complicated & Folate. One stunning advantage of okra is discovered within the phytochemical, mucilage, which aids digestion and helps to cut back constipation. Bear in mind, the well being advantages of phytochemicals can’t be bottled, they have to come from the supply (the plant). So….eat (and luxuriate in!) your vegatables and fruits!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 package deal (16 ozfrozen minimize okra)
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) No Salt Added Chopped Tomatoes
- half t pink pepper flakes
- pepper to style
- In giant skillet, saute onion & garlic in oil.
- Add okra, tomatoes, pink pepper flakes and pepper.
- Simmer over low warmth for 20 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice with grilled or baked meat on the facet (if desired).
Diet Details (Per Serving; Makes 6 Servings)
- Energy: 84
- Complete Fats: 4.9 g
- Saturated Fats: 0.7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fats: 3.Four g
- Ldl cholesterol: Zero mg
- Sodium: 9 mg
- Potassium: 380 mg
- Complete Carbohydrate: 8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.5 g
- Sugars: 4.5 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
Wonderful supply of Vit A, Vit C, Vit B-Complicated, Manganese & Folate
It’s Your Well being. It’s Your Life. Make That Change!