This submit was sponsored by Purolator Sort out Starvation, as all the time, all opinions are my very own.
I’ve been loving Salad in a Jars for lunch recently – not solely are they wholesome, they’re additionally price range pleasant! This recipe has been impressed by Jamal Campbell, who’s the Offensive Lineman for the Toronto Argos. He likes to have Vietnamese meals earlier than his video games, which embody broccoli, vermicelli, and hen.
I met Jamal Campbell on the Purolator Sort out Starvation occasion on the Every day Bread Meals Financial institution.
Since its inception in 2003, Purolator Sort out Starvation (PTH) has helped ship the equal of greater than 12 million kilos of meals to meals banks throughout Canada. In line with Meals Banks Canada’s 2016 HungerCount report, greater than 850,000 Canadians, one third of whom are kids, depend on meals banks every month.
The Purolator Sort out Starvation Marketing campaign is now in its 17th season, which is a partnership between the Canadian Soccer League and all 9 of its groups.
Final week the Toronto Argos and Purolator collected 15,000 kilos of meals for the Every day Bread Meals Financial institution when the Toronto Argos hosted the Saskatchewan Roughriders on the BMO discipline.
When donating meals to meals banks like Every day Bread, offering wholesome objects is a good way to assist households make more healthy meals. Vermicelli noodles are an important staple that enables households to take pleasure in ethnic meals that may simply be paired with an inexpensive plant-based protein and veggies. I used to be delighted to be taught that vermicelli would not require an extended prepare dinner time, simply submerge in heat water for 2-Three minutes till softened!
Vietnamese Impressed Salad in a Jar
– half cup rice vinegar
– 1/Four cup soya sauce
– 1 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
– 2 garlic cloves, grated
– 1 Tbsp honey
– 1 package deal further agency tofu, diced
– 6 Tbsp marinade
Salad in a Jar (per jar):
– 2 Tbsp dressing
– 2 Tbsp carrots, diced
– Three Tbsp broccoli, diced
– Three Tbsp edamame, boiled and cooled
– Three Tbsp tofu
– 1 Tbsp crimson pepper, sliced
– Three Tbsp cucumbers, sliced
– 1 Tbsp inexperienced onion, sliced
– 1/Four tsp cilantro, chopped
– 1/Four cup vermicelli noodles, cooked in accordance with package deal instructions
1. In a jar, combine collectively all marinade/dressing elements. Put aside.
2. In a separate jar, add diced tofu and 6 tablespoons of marinade. Cowl and let sit for a minimum of 1 hour or in a single day within the fridge.
3. Pan-fry tofu cubes till crisp and brown.
4. In 6 separate jars, place salad in a jar elements within the order listed above. Cowl with lid.
Tip: you’ll be able to change up the veggies you might have readily available to incorporate in your salad.